Jackfruit Cake

Well I had given up thinking that jack fruit season is over and hence I will have to wait for another year to make some dish of this fruit ...

Well I had given up thinking that jack fruit season is over and hence I will have to wait for another year to make some dish of this fruit and post it here.. But to my luck I had my mil visiting us last week. And she surprised me with a packet full of jack fruit  Wow I could not ask for more and I immediately wanted to try making a cake of it. My first attempt failed as I used too many jack fruit pieces. I used around 8 and my cake did not rise at all. And then I tried once again using around 3 pieces and cake turned out perfectly. I think for the below measurement you can use up to 4 pieces to enhance the flavor even more but that again is entirely at your risk coz I tried it only with 3. :) If it does work let me know coz I wanted the flavor to be even stronger than what I had got in my cake.




Ingredients

Refined Flour/ Maida – 1 Cup
Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Eggs – 2
Powdered Sugar – ¾ Cup (you can use less if you do not want it too sweet)
Salt - a pinch
Oil – ½ Cup
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Jack fruit – 3-4 pieces (I used 3) ripe ones- De-seeded and Pureed
Yellow food colour - very small pinch (optional)


Method
Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and yellow food colour two to three times and keep it aside.

In another bowl, add eggs, sugar and salt. Beat well. Add oil and whisk it for a few secs. Mix in vanilla essence, milk and pureed jack fruit and mix the mixture using a wooden spoon or a whisk, till well blended. Add the flour little by little and mix it all the while.

Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for 40-45 mins or till done (A skewer inserted in it should come out clean). Remove from the oven and leave it to cool on the wire rack.


My Notes
ü  The batter should be only up to 2/3 rd of the baking tin or the cake becomes dense.

ü  Use powdered sugar so that it gets blended soon.

ü  Keep checking the cake regularly after 35 mins. Different ovens take different time to cook.

ü  Adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of the jack fruit  I like it sweet hence am using this quantity. You can reduce it a bit.

Related

Recipes 1041067073919998865

Post a Comment

  1. Hi. Just want to share my jackfruit loaf using your recipe. Yummy��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi friends

      This site is pretty good, I've found a new site to see movies. the site is very good complete. so many famous films and the latest movies are ready to be seen. If you like to see movies, you should try too! this is the site:

      👉 Full HD Bollywood Latest Movie Sites

      Click here for more…



      Delete

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Copyright Policy

© 2013, Tanya's Recipes . The content and images on this site are copyright registered. It cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission from the Author

Blog Archive

item