Banana Split

I just love the banana-chocolate combination. I had this sundae first during my college days. Since then it has been my favorite. But here ...

I just love the banana-chocolate combination. I had this sundae first during my college days. Since then it has been my favorite. But here in Mangalore I haven't found any place that sells Banana split. So I thought of trying it at home and it turned out super yummy. Loved the flavor of banana and chocolate with vanilla ice-cream and the crunchy nuts added to the taste.






Ingredients

Banana – 1 – sliced
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Almonds – 1 tbsp - Chopped into medium pieces
Cashews – 1 tbsp - Chopped into medium pieces
Chocolate sauce – 4 tsp
Vanilla ice-cream – 1 scoop
Cherry – 1


Method

Heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast the almonds and cashews till they turn golden brown. Remove it on a plate and keep it aside.
Take a serving glass and add half of the fried nuts at the bottom. Pour 2 tsp of chocolate sauce over it.  Add bananas on it. Add one scoop of ice-cream over it. Garnish it with reaming nuts and pour the remaining chocolate sauce over it. Place a cherry on the top and serve immediately.


My Notes

ü  This measurement makes one serving.

ü  To chop the nuts, first split the almonds and cashews into to two portions vertically. Then cut each portion into half horizontally to get medium sized pieces.

ü  Make sure you roast the nuts till they turn crisp and golden brown. Take it off the heat immediately as they start turning brown. They will burn in no time if left for longer.


Related

Recipes 4544056220285701938

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Copyright Policy

© 2013, Tanya's Recipes . The content and images on this site are copyright registered. It cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission from the Author

Blog Archive

item